Circus Akimbo is hiring! We are seeking an admin assistant to join our growing team, to help support the head trainer and staff with the mountain of admin required to provide amazing circus classes.
This is a part time role and would suit someone with young children or returning to work. The initial position is for 4-5 hours per week spread over two mornings in our Hornsby studio, with scope for the right person to take on more hours and responsibilities as the role progresses.
The Admin Assistant is the first point of call for student enquiries and supports the head trainer in managing the admin aspect of circus classes. They are responsible for responding to email and phone enquiries, updating attendance records, overseeing staff & class timetables, scheduling private lessons & workshops and recording student payments using our custom student management system. Additional responsibilities include maintaining the studio and office space, monitoring and restocking office supplies, gear & inventory record keeping and some bookkeeping.
Desired skills & attributes
The ideal candidate will have a can do attitude, and be proactive in creating efficient processes to complete the task at hand.
- Previous administration, PA and/or EA experience preferred
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office
- Prior experience with WordPress, Quickbooks and/or Mailchimp ideal but not essential
- Strong organisational skills
- A soft spot for spreadsheets and process manuals
- Ability to deal courteously and professionally with colleagues, students and parents from all walks of life
- Not afraid to speak up when something could be done better
What we can offer
- Flexible hours to fit around family or other commitments
- Opportunity to be part of a unique and growing creative business
- Working in a collaborative space where your ideas and contributions are valued
- The freedom to perform tasks the best way possible, not just “the way it’s always been done”
This is a subcontractor role and pays hourly, which allows for a bit more flexibility and additional hours if needed or desired week by week. The rate will be dependent on prior experience but is expected to be in the realm of $20-25/hr.
Applications should be addressed to Claire Reincastle at firstname.lastname@example.org and close 5pm on Friday 14th December, with interviews to be conducted the following week for a start date in early January. Applications should include:
- A relevant CV
- A brief cover letter (300 words or less) explaining what excites you about this role
Circus Akimbo believes in equal opportunity employment and applicants of all demographics are encouraged to apply. If you have special requirements, we are very happy to assist the right candidate for this job perform to the best of their abilities.